New Forest Walking Adventures was formed to help people to enjoy the New Forest National Park in a safe and exciting way. Emphasising education and adventure, the goal is to create lasting memories where people feel enriched from taking part in activities. All while encouraging the sustainability of the National Park.
There are many areas ‘off the beaten track’ in the New Forest and these can be difficult to access without good navigational skills. These areas are seldom visited and often a little more wild. Creating spectacular experiences you can come within 30 feet of a bugling deer or discover a bronze age long barrow buried in woodland. The goal of New Forest Walking Adventures is to make these experiences available to all by using highly skilled and qualified guides.
Elle Mount-Kingett, Founder and Head Guide
A qualified Teacher and Outdoor Leader, Elle is passionate about being in the outdoors and helping to create opportunities for others to access it. Elle’s passion for working with people in the outdoors started in Vermont, USA in 2002 where she spent 5 summers living in a tent in 23 square miles of woodland. During this time Elle worked to allow young people to access the outdoors and many activities including archery, horse riding, canoeing, open water swimming, ecology work and expeditions. From this point Elle continued to work in outdoor settings, working with all ages and people with learning disabilities and mental health issues.
- British Schools Expedition to Iceland conducting Geology and Ecology research.
- Camp Leader and Barn Director for Girl Scouts of America.
- Manager of Horse-ology, therapeutic Initiative with horses.
- Lead Maths Teacher at The Romsey School.
- Hampshire Lead Teacher – developing strategies for working with individuals with attachment disorders.
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Co-ordinator and expedition leader.
- Qualified Teacher – Post graduate certificate of education.
- Hampshire County Council Outdoor Leader.
- Outdoor First Aid.
- Hampshire Duke of Edinburgh Expedition Leader
- Masters Degree in Rural Business Management.
- Makaton communication.
- Timian methods for working with people with challenging behaviour.
- British Canoe Union 1 Star Award.
As a keen outdoorswoman, Elle has personally taken part in hiking, cycling, horse riding and canoeing expeditions all over the world.