Suitable for 7 to 11 year olds our Forest Fun Kids Club offers families an alternative to childcare during school holidays. With an emphasis on making the most of the great outdoors your child will take part in a wide range of different activities.
The goal is to utilise the environment to allow children to get active, develop social skills, resilience, self management, to encourage a deeper understanding of nature and, above all, to have fun.
Forest Fun takes place at various locations across the Northern part of the National Park. Pick up and drop off is available from Downton and the surrounding area.
£25 per child per day
A typical day
Different themes are covered each day and all activities are linked to this theme. Therefore your child can attend for multiple days without the risk of doing the same activity over again. Alternatively just attend for one day and not worry about missing key information on the previous day.
9.00 am – 9.30 am Wilderness wandering
9.30 am – 10.30 am Guided Activity
10.30 am – 11.00 am Break with nature discussion
11.00 am – 12.30 pm Guided Activity
12.30 pm – 1.00 pm Lunch (sometimes with fire building)
1.00 pm – 2.00 pm Guided Activity
2.00 pm – 3.00 pm Wilderness wandering
Some of our Guided Activities
- Shelter building
- Cooking on an open fire
- Animal and Plant Identification
- Arts and Crafts
- Navigation with Maps
- Team building games
- Treasure hunts
- Problem solving activities
Use our Calendar to find the dates of our next Forest Fun Kids Club
- Keeping Warm/Dry/Cool: Forest Fun Kids Club takes place in all weather, outside, in the New Forest National Park. Most of our activities involve getting close to nature and while activities are planned based on the weather, appropriate clothing is required.
– Waterproof Jacket and Trousers
– Comfortable wellies or boots
– Warm clothes that can be layered
– Clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty
– Hat for cold or warm weather
– An extra set of clothes
- Burning the Calories: Children should bring a substantial packed lunch and drink for the day. As we are outdoors, being active, it is important that children have enough food and drink to keep their energy levels up. We will sometimes prepare items on an open fire however this is not a substitute for a packed lunch.
- When Nature Calls: All of our locations are selected because of their proximity to public toilets. Some of our activities will take children away from these facilities for up to 2 hours and so children should be made aware that there will not always be immediate access to a toilet.
- Home Away From Home: We will always have access to our minibus where children can leave spare clothing, have hand washing facilities, heating and air conditioning. If your child requires a booster seat this needs to be provided for the duration of their time with us.