Guided walks give you the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the New Forest National Park while exploring areas off the beaten track. Your guide will lead you on an adventure looking at the history, wildlife and ecology of the area.
Why not go it alone?
By operating away from Lyndhurst, Brockenhurst and some of the more visited areas, we can offer a traffic free trip to the New Forest National Park. Operating in the ‘Wild North’ this beautiful area is rich in history and wildlife.
Our guides are all local, qualified teachers that hold Outdoor Leader qualifications through Hampshire County Council. Our guides are trained in outdoor first aid and hold navigation and walking leader qualifications. With extensive knowledge of the National Park, your guide will help you to experience some of the most breathtaking sights it has to offer.
A guided walk takes the hassle out of finding, and navigating, the many tracks and paths that lead through the forest and help make the most of your time in the National Park.
See which option suits you
Planning on visiting for a few days? Try our Expeditions section for trip planning and support.
- Wear suitable shoes: Walks take place over uneven ground. While every attempt is made to choose routes to minimise impact on the ground, some areas may be wet or muddy. Closed toe shoes with good grip are advised.
- Embrace the British weather: Walks will take place in all weather. Bring a rain coat/sun cream/extra layers just in case.
- When nature calls: There are no toilets on any of the routes. Please consider this before leaving.
- Look but don’t touch: It is highly likely that you will see ponies, cattle, donkeys and possibly pigs on your walk. While these animals are not wild they are not used to human contact. Under no circumstance should you try to pet or feed animals in the National Park.
- Leave only footsteps: The National Park is a unique ecosystem, even something as simple as a tissue or piece of chewing gum can have an impact. If you carry it into the National Park it needs to be carried out.
- Smoking is not permitted at any point on the walk.